Hi, I am w:nl:gebruiker:Walter of the dutch Wikipedia. I am writing you because your are listed as ambassador of your wiki. I have something to say that I think you will find useful and possibly others of your wiki also.
You know it is not easy for the members of a local wiki to be informed about what is going on in the higher levels of the Wikimedia family. This because of the language problem and the high level of fragmentation of places where you can find information.
I am now making a weekly news letter (Wikizine) that attempts to provide the news of the Wikimedia projects. The concept is to list only a very short description of the news an give the relevant url to the subject. I want it to be short, only give the news that is important for all projects. The target audience include the ambassadors. It is for people who are interested in what it going on outside there own wiki. I emphasize on the news that is practical-technical. The information comes form several "news"-pages on several wikis, the mailinglists and IRC. There will be news I can not discover. If you have news found somewhere or from you own wiki please let my know. wikizine AT wikipedia.be
I can only create one version in something that supposed to be English. I count on the readers to inform there local wiki about the news in there own language.
Wikizine is send by use of the mailinglist Announce-l. It is only used for this. So people can subscribe without being swamped by emails like the lists.
I hope that you and others of your wiki will subscribe to Wikizine and give feedback. So that Wikizine can become really a source where Wikimedians can find out what is going on. Greetings, w:nl:gebruiker:Walter PS: do not repond here. I will not see it.
Le Monde's 100 Books of the CenturyРэдагаваць
(анг.) Hi. I am compiling a Belarusian version of the English book list en:Le Monde's 100 Books of the Century.
What should the page be called in Belarusian?
Thanks a lot, Varlaam (гутаркі) 02:57, 29 верасьня 2013 (FET)
- Hello. Сьпіс 100 кнігаў стагодзьдзя паводле вэрсіі Le Monde. --Renessaince 09:45, 29 верасьня 2013 (FET)
- That's great. Thank you very much.
- I sometimes find the book title I am looking for here in be-x-oldwiki.
- But sometimes I find it in bewiki. I mark those with (бел.), so that you will be able to identify books that need correction.
- Does that sound okay?
- In Toronto, Varlaam (гутаркі) 17:34, 30 верасьня 2013 (FET)
- Where can I see the list so I could to help You with it if needed? --Renessaince 23:07, 30 верасьня 2013 (FET)
- Hello again.
- I hope I did not sound rude this last time.
- But I have done every major European language now EXCEPT Belarusian. I don't want to change my working method when I am at the end of a process that started in 2009 or 2010.
- Also, if we talk about the page here, then other people can contribute their own ideas. That has happened many times. Two or three native speakers have had an opinion.
- Here is what the page looks like today:
Сьпіс 100 кнігаў стагодзьдзяРэдагаваць
|№||Заголовок ??||Автор ??||Год|
|2||У пошуках страчанага часу||Марсэль Пруст||1913-1927|
- I was at the public library yesterday, but I forgot to check the Belarusian dictionary there.
- I do not have the correct words for "book title" and "author" yet.
- In Toronto, Varlaam (гутаркі) 16:28, 6 кастрычніка 2013 (FET)
- We usually use this page for community talks, if You wish someone else for collaboration.
- «Book title» = «Назва», «Author» = «Аўтар». --Renessaince 17:13, 6 кастрычніка 2013 (FET)